These are just a few 2015 income tax tips – actions to take now in preparation for filing 2014 income taxes.
- Contribute to retirement accounts. You have until April 15, 2015 to fund Traditional and Roth IRA’s.
- Make your last estimated tax payment. Fourth quarter, 2014 payments can be made no later than January 15th, 2015.
- Organize your records for April 15th Filing. Request a tax organizer from your accountant or print out a checklist.
- Itemize your tax deductions.
- Find the right tax forms. Unless you have a very basic return you may not find all forms at the library. You may have to go to IRS.gov and print them out or request a hard copy
- File and pay on time! E-filing is best for refunds, you may get it quicker.
If you have questions or want more income tax tips specific to your situation feel free to contact me!