What Federal 990 Tax Form Do I File? Non-Profit / Exempt

The federal 990 tax form is filed by Exempt (from tax) Organizations.  There are three versions of it.  The 990 you need to file depends on the amount of gross receipts and Total assets at the end of the year.


990 tax form versions and requirements

  • 990-N if your gross receipts are less than $50,000.  Also known as the e-postcard, this can be filed online in 5-10 minutes.
  • 990-EZ if gross receipts are over $50,000 but under $200,000 AND total assets are under $500,000
  • 990 if gross receipts are equal to or more than $200,000, OR total assets are equal to or more than $500,000

More information can be found on the IRS website   https://www.irs.gov/uac/About-Form-990


Website by Waterlink Web | connecting your customers with you